Executive Roundtables - 2013 and Prior Years
21. Advanced Supply Chain Concepts for the Nuclear Industry Defined - Supply Chain Conference, Charlotte, NC, May 2013
20. SMR Outlook Now and Financing Challenges Off the Record - 4th Annual SMR Conference, Columbia, SC, April 16-17, 2013
Pre-meeting materials for each Roundtable may be viewed or downloaded below.
Meeting results are available through Consultation with Linton Consulting.
19. Lessons Learned for a Future U.S. Waste Repository - Used Nuclear Fuel Conference, Charlotte, NC, Nov 28, 2012
Roundtable Concept: Bring together utilities, policy organizations, regulators, and waste management and technical specialists to recount some lessons-learned from several decades spent, and billions of dollars invested and look at the hurdles that lie ahead for solving the waste repository challenge.
18. Sharing Best-Practices and Lessons-Learned for D&D Organizations - Nuclear D&D Supply Chain Conf, Charlotte, NC, Nov 2012
Roundtable Concept: Bring together a mix of public and private sector leaders involved in D&D to recount some key lessons learned and ideas for best practicles to be implemented for the future.
17. Strategic View of Nuclear Construction Needs and Opportunities - 4th Annual Nuclear Constr. Summit, Charlotte, NC, Oct 2012Roundtable Concept: Convene a cross-section of industry leaders with global nuclear view to explore a high level view of where we go from here in terms of new build.
16. How Has Fukushima Changed the Future of the Nuclear Industry - U.S. Safety Enhancements Conference, Charlotte, NC, Oct 2012
Roundtable Concept: Explore how Fukushima and a number of other nuclear accidents in history have served to make the industry stronger and better and what changes do we expect in future plant siting, configuration, emergency planning, etc.
15. The Post Fukushima Safety Upgrade Market - Power Uprates Conference, Charlotte, NC, June 2012
Roundtable Concept: To determine the nature and size of the post Fukushima market for upgrading safety at nuclear power plants. Also to explore the contractors and vendors to most likely be benefitted.
14. Small Modular Reactors - Nuclear Energy Insider Small Reactor Conference, Columbia, SC, April 2012
Roundtable Concept: To explore the dynamics between the availability of low cost electricity and economic development and the potential for SMRs to further spawn development globally. Key question: do they justify public / government funding?
13. Supply Chain Roundtable - Nuclear Supply Chain Conference, Charlotte, NC, April 2012
Roundtable Concept: To bring together key buyers and sellers in the nuclear supply chain for a shared vision of the future and a path forward for supply chain companies. To provide guidance to suppliers on how to develop their business and capabilities.
12. America's Nuclear Future - Nuclear D&D Conference, Charlotte, NC, Nov 2011
Roundtable Concept: Following the Obama Adminstration's decision to cancel the Yucca Mountain repository, the Blue Ribbon Commission was established to study the challenge of nuclear waste and make recommendations. The meeting reviewe the preliminary results and recommendations of the Commission and their implications for the future of nuclear waste management and for the industry.
11. Nuclear Emergency Preparedness - Nuclear Construction Conference, Charlotte, NC, Oct 2011
Roundtable Concept: To explore how the Fukushima nuclear accident may change industry and government views on Emergency Preparedness and Response.
10. Best Practices in Nuclear Development - MENA Construction Conference, Dubai, Sep 2011
Roundtable Concept: To share insights from a variety of country and company representatives on standard practice and precursors to nuclear development in countries pursuing nuclear power.
9. Implementing Digital Instrumentation and Control Systems - Nuclear Power Uprate Conference, Charlotte, NC, June 2011
Roundtable Concept: The nuclear industry in the U.S. has lagged the progress of digital technology. Following a major overhaul by Duke Energy at the Oconee Nuclear Station we want to learn more about the prospects for more widespread adoption of digital I&C systems.
8. Scenarios for Nuclear, Post Fukushima - Nuclear Supply Chain Conference, Charlotte, June 2011
Roundtable Concept: To explore the current outlook for the nuclear industry and supply chain considering changing demand issues, safety and related issues springing out of the Fukushima accident.
7. Scenarios for Nuclear, Post Fukushima - Nuclear Maintenance and Modernization Conference, Brussels, May 2011
Roundtable Concept: The impact of the Fukushima nuclear accident, spawned by the Japan earthquake and tsunami in March have raised serious questions about the direction of new nuclear. What are the scenarios for different regions and for existing and future plants?
6. Opportunities and Challenges of International Markets for SMRs - Small Modular Reactor Conference, Columbia, SC, Apr 2011
Roundtable Concept: To explore the opportunities for SMRs in international markets and the export challenges for getting this new technology into new countries.
For details of Roundtables years 2009 and 2010, please click here.